DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Jordan Shockley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jordan Shockley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Feb 2008 11:14:55 -0500
Dear All,

     I am a graduate student at the University of Kentucky in the Department
of Agricultural Economics.  Our department has been looking for a new
biophysical simulation model to replace what we have been using.  I started
experimenting with DSSAT and have concluded that the program would be a good
replacement.  I had a question with regards to the meeting coming up in
Georgia.  I was wondering if it was tailored for amateur or advanced users?
Also, our goals for the simulation model is very simple, we just need yield
data for for multiple crops in Kentucky to use in a whole farm model.  I
need help getting started using DSSAT or in search for collaborators to
assist in  our research project.

Thank You,

Jordan Shockley
331 Charles E. Barnhart Building