DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Jordan Shockley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jordan Shockley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2008 10:07:03 -0500
Dear Ed van Ouwerkerk,

     I e-mail the DSSAT listserv early this week looking for some
assistance.  Your reply was very useful and I thank you.  I have explored
I-Farm and have a question.  What I am specifically looking for are annual
simulated yields given  the inputs of production (about fifty years of
weather data, no-till, irrigation, fertilizer level, planting dates ect.)
that I can control and alter to best represent conditions in KY.  After
simulating multiple crops, I was planning on conducting my own whole farm
model for my dissertation.  Specifically, I am analyzing machinery
management practices via a whole farm model and just need the simulated
yield data for KY.  Can I-Farm simulate annual yield for different crops
given production inputs?  Thank you so much for your help and I look forward
to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Jordan Shockley
331 Barnhart Building