SHOREBIRDS Archives

Shorebird Discussion Group

SHOREBIRDS@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Russ Namitz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Russ Namitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Aug 2007 20:47:22 -0700
Shorebirders~

I searched for shorebirds in coastal Coos County, OR today.   I was able to
find 25 species including a rare fall coastal migrant, but no RBA rarities.
The biggest miss was a Whimbrel and other possibles that weren't detected
included Wilson's Snipe & Phalarope, American Golden-Plover & Buff-breasted
Sandpiper.  Below is a list of the birds seen & sites visited with only
"new" birds listed for the latter sites.

BANDON MARSH/JETTY
Black-bellied Plover
Semipalmated Plover
Killdeer