From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Colleen Cahill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 14:23:15 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 06:56:54 -0400 (EDT)
From: Colleen Cahill <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: United States Maps, 1857 and 1863
Sender: Colleen Cahill <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps and Air Photo Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

Sandra,
  The Library of Congress has online a U.S. map dated 1863
<http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3700.cw0047000> and one dated 1857
<http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3700.ct000804>.  You can download the MrSID
file and using the free viewer from Lizardtech
<http://www.lizardtech.com/download/?x=2&p=16&o=1&titl=Download%20MrSID%20Viewer>
you can either print or break the TIFF file back out for various
uses. There is also an ActiveX plug in from Lizardtech, so you can put the
MrSID file directly in a MS Word or Powerpoint presentation.  Some Kinkos
can handle a MrSID file for printing.
Colleen
 Colleen R. Cahill                   |  [log in to unmask]
 Digital Production Coordinator      |  (202)707-8540
  & Recommending Officer for         |  FAX (202)707-8531
       Science Fiction & Fantasy     |  Library of Congress
These opinions are mine, Mine, Mine! |  Washington, DC 20540-4652

--- End Forwarded Message ---