ISL Archives

Int'l. Student Life Office

ISL@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

Int'l. Student Life Office
Date:
Fri, 4 Apr 2003 09:23:48 -0500
Hello everyone!

Greetings from International Student Life.  We hope you are enjoying the
lovely spring weather this week.

A few quick reminders:

1.  TIME CHANGE!!!  Daylight savings time starts on Sunday, April 6,
2003.  Don't forget to reset your clocks one hour ahead on Saturday
night before you go to bed!

2.  The International Street Festival is THIS Saturday, April 5, 2003,
from 12 noon until 6 pm on College Avenue in downtown Athens!
EVERYTHING at the Festival is FREE and open to the general public!!!
Take a break from studying and come join us for a wonderful afternoon of
exciting performances and cultural displays for our 5th anniversary
celebration.  This event is a great way to celebrate different cultures
and support the UGA and Athens international communities.  We look
forward to seeing you there!

3.  Next week (April 7 - April 11) is the LAST week of tax appointments
for UGA international students for the 2002 tax year.  ALL students must
file tax paperwork -- even if you did NOT work!  Contact ISL at 542-5867
or [log in to unmask] for more information or to set up an appointment.
Appointment times are limited and will be assigned on a first-contact,
first-served basis.

4.  GRADUATION!  International Student Life is hosting a FREE graduation
ceremony for our international student graduates on Friday, May 9, at 3
pm in the Memorial Hall Ballroom.  Graduating students should call ISL
at 542-5867 to sign-up for the ceremony.  Help us celebrate your special
weekend and all of your accomplishments by signing up.

Have a wonderful rest of the week and we look forward to seeing you all
at the International Street Festival on Saturday, April 5, 2003!

-ISL Staff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
International Student Life
Department of Student Activities