SHOREBIRDS Archives

Shorebird Discussion Group

SHOREBIRDS@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Jennifer Winters <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jennifer Winters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2007 13:58:37 -0400
High-resolution shorebird images needed for a Volusia County, FL specific bird brochure.
Proper credit will be given under each photo.  Looking for donations only.
This brochure is for educating the general public about the birds in our beach vicinity.

A list of species that will likely be included is below.

A natural beach or shoreline background is preferred.

Please forward this message to any photographer friends that may want to help out.  -Thanks!

1.) A shorebird nest with some larger background perspective,
2.) A large group of birds on the beach or disappearing Islands of Ponce Inlet or your favorite shot-Needed for the Cover Panel

Commonly sighted birds needed are: (any adult plumage is ok)

Sanderling
Ruddy Turnstone
Laughing gull
Osprey
Royal Tern
Pelican
Snowy Egret
Ring billed Gull

Nesting birds:  (Adults w/chick would be great!)
Wilson's Plover
Killdeer
American Oystercatcher
Willet
Black Skimmer (we possibly have that one covered already)
Least Tern
Great Egret
Tri-colored Heron

Wintering birds (in winter plumage please)
Piping Plover
Great black-backed gull
Snowy Plover
White Pelican
Semipalmated Plover
Least Sandpiper
Black-bellied Plover
Red Knot

Please send any replies or questions to:

Jennifer Winters

Thanks,

Jennifer Winters
County of Volusia