CILIATEMOLBIO-L Archives

Ciliate Molecular Biology

CILIATEMOLBIO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Douglas Chalker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 2007 21:09:17 -0400
Dear Ciliate Researchers,
 To make the best use of the “New Tools” and “Genomics and Postgenomics” workshops at
the FASEB Ciliate Molecular Biology Conference this July, the two organizers, Doug Chalker and
Eduardo Orias, plan to coordinate presentations to focus discussion and avoid overlap.  The
workshop format will be brief platform presentations (5 to 10 minutes) followed by a discussion
forum.  The “New Tools” workshop will primarily focus on new and improved research tools and
protocols that are useful for studies of ciliate biology.  The “Genomics and Postgenomics”
workshop will concentrate on community-wide genomic resources, including sequence
information, databases, the stock center, and very recent discoveries or analyses that lead to the
generation of new resources.  Many of the “new tools” effectively utilize these resources, hence the
need to coordinate the two sessions. Anyone who would like to present in either workshop, please
send a brief abstract or description of your planned presentation.  In these workshops, the time
scheduled for presentations will be equally divided between description by the presenter and
questions from the participants, so presenters should plan accordingly.  We would be happy to
entertain presentations of future tools or community resources needed with high priority, as this
would be an excellent forum to initiate collaborations on their development.

Send your abstracts by email to either Doug Chalker [log in to unmask] or Eduardo Orias
[log in to unmask], preferably both, as we will exchange all abstracts to ensure the most
efficient scheduling.

We need your submissions by Monday, July 9, 2007 so we can organize the sessions.

If time becomes limiting, priority will be given to topics submitted with an abstract. Also, if there
are any tools/resources that you would like to learn more about or see developed, please email us,
regardless of whether or not you plan on giving a presentation. This information is vital to ensure
these workshops are of maximal use to the community.

We look forward to your contributions and to seeing you at the meeting.

Sincerely,
Ed and Doug

P.S. If you already sent an abstract to the earlier solicitation for the "New Tools" workshop, you do
not need to submit another.