CILIATEMOLBIO-L Archives

Ciliate Molecular Biology

CILIATEMOLBIO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Judith Van Houten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Apr 2005 15:04:04 -0400
Dear All,
         Please send your requests for graduate student support for the
summer Ciliate Molecular Biology FASEB earlier than later.  We did not give
a deadline, but we would appreciate receiving your applications by mid-May.
         The details are repeated below.

         There will be transportation from the Pisa Airport.  On Aug 3
buses will leave the airport promptly at 2 PM & 6:30 PM.  A representative
from the hotel will be onsite at the airport to assist with the
transfers.  On Aug 8 buses will be returning to the Pisa airport at
approximately 7:30 AM & 11:30 AM.

         FASEB was not able to make an arrangement with United Airlines for
discount flights, so you should scout around for air fares.

         The last bit of news is that it is no longer required to fill in
the information on "race" in order to register for the meeting.  Sorry for
that confusing situation.

         So, on behalf of Ted and Cristina, please visit the web site
htp://src.faseb.org  and register!

THE KEITHR R. PORTER ENDOWMENT FOR CELL BIOLOGY is making available travel
awards for graduate students who are attending and presenting at the summer
FASEB meeting on Ciliate Molecular Biology in Il Ciocco Tuscana,
Italy.  htp://src.faseb.org  The awards are for $1,000 each and we can
support 5 students.  To apply, please send to [log in to unmask] the
following:

         1.  student's resume
         2.  abstract that the student is submitting to FASEB
         3.  letter from the student and/or advisor requesting the funds,
and addressing the seniority of the student and the need for the funds

         We look forward to your applications!

Judith Van Houten, Ph.D.
University of Vermont
Department of Biology