GLYCAM-L Archives

Users of GLYCAM & GLYCAM-Web

GLYCAM-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Lee-Ping Wang <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Users of GLYCAM & GLYCAM-Web <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jun 2016 09:58:53 -0700
Hi Manuel,

I’m also a relatively new user, but here’s the procedure I would try:

Inside tleap:
1) Set up a simulation of a Neu5AC monosaccharide in TIP3P water using the existing residues
2) Delete the acetyl group and replace the carbonyl carbon with an amine hydrogen
3) Set the amine hydrogen charge to neutralize the system
4) Rename the residue to something not already used by GLYCAM
5) Write out an amber .prep file for the new residue you just created

Using amber:
6) Run the simulation for ~20 ns and save ~50 snapshots of the monosaccharide in .pdb format

Using RED server (or a similar charge-fitting program):
7) Derive charges for the new, non-acetylated monosaccharide

Using a text editor:
8) Replace the charges in your .prep file with the new charges

Inside tleap:
9) Now set up the simulation you actually want

Thanks,

- Lee-Ping