DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Juan Pablo Monzon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jul 2004 01:40:37 -0700
Hello
I am trying to simulate no tillage soybean with the Cropgro, and I can not lower the soil evaporation. Even if I change the SLU1 to 0.0 the model still simulate a very high soil evaporation. And in very shallow soils (<40cm) the yield are 100-200kg when the observed yields are 2000kg, and I think that if I can transformed that soil evaporation into crop transpiration the yields will improve. When I test the Cropgro with shallow soils in dry year the model simulated very low yields, but I do not have any problem in more normal year or more depth soils. I appreciate any collaboration.
Juan from Argentina