DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Miguel Quemada <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 11:36:44 +0100
Dear Dr. Matthews,
We have the same problem when simulating wheat and barley in dry regions. We
have about 10 field experiments under different rainfall distributions in
Navarra (Spain). In general, CERES simulates quite well the wettest areas
(aprox. 600-800 mm rain; 6-7 t/ha), but the simulation for dry areas (aprox.
400 mm) is unrealistic. We do not know the reason, but we will be glad to share
our experience.

Miguel Quemada
Depto. Produccion Agraria
Universidad Publica de Navarra