DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Brian Baer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 15:23:46 -0500
Hello Derek,

I believe that LAI is calculated every day based on leaf weight/area.  So
if you try to just increase LAI on a given day I think you might get a one
day change in things like plant evaporation, but the next day the LAI would
be recalculated to what ever the model thinks it should be.

So if you really want to change initial LAI you are going to need to change
a number of variables associated with the leaves to make it work correctly.

Brian

At 01:00 PM 3/5/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>Hello,
>If one was to change the initial value of LAI used in CERES-Wheat (.4cm2)
>to whatever, would this result in a new growth curve with a different
>magnitude, or would the magnitude be the same but the growth curve would be
>shifted up or down depending on the change of the initial value of LAI.  It
>seems to me that it would just result in the growth curve being shifted up
>or down.  Is this correct, if not why is the magnitude of the growth curve
>affected by the initial value of LAI?  Thank you in advance for any help.
>
>Derek McNamara

Brian Baer                           [log in to unmask]
CSS Dept, Michigan State University  (517) 353-3953 (voice)
364 Plant and Soil Science Building  (517) 353-3955 (fax)
East Lansing, MI  48824-1325         http://www.msu.edu/~baerb