CILIATEMOLBIO-L Archives

Ciliate Molecular Biology

CILIATEMOLBIO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Nick Stover <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jan 2006 12:05:20 -0800
Dear Ciliate Researchers,

Happy New Year!

If you have visited our website recently you may have noticed some
enhancements at TGD.  We are now displaying a Literature Guide for
each gene, which can help you find papers on specific topics:
knockout phenotypes, post-translational modifications, localization,
etc. You can access a gene’s Literature Guide from the "Additional
References and Literature Guide" link on its Locus page.  We’ll be
categorizing more papers in the coming months. You can view the
Literature Guide for PDD1 at:
http://db.ciliate.org/cgi-bin/reference/litGuide.pl?locus=T000005897.

We have also updated the data presented in our genome browser. Now,
each of the ~300 protein-coding genes described in the Tetrahymena
literature are annotated with the standard gene name, plus a brief
curated description of the gene.  These gene models now appear in
orange, making them easy to spot as you scan along a chromosome.

We've expanded the full-text literature search capability (powered by
Textpresso) to include over 1100 Tetrahymena research papers, and
we’re working to include more. The full-text literature search
(http://www.ciliate.org/textpresso/) can be accessed directly via the
Textpresso link on the Home page and as a link from the Tetrahymena
Literature page.

Finally, a new paper describing the Tetrahymena Genome Database can
be found in the 2006 Nucleic Acids Research Database Issue:
http://nar.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/full/34/suppl_1/D500
This paper describes the details of our project, lists the tools
available at our website, and provides information for new users of
the Tetrahymena genome sequence.

Best of luck to everyone in 2006,

The Staff at TGD
www.ciliate.org