CILIATEMOLBIO-L Archives

Ciliate Molecular Biology

CILIATEMOLBIO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Donna Cassidy-Hanley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 2010 11:55:19 -0500
Dear Member of the Ciliate Community:

An internal reorganization at the NIH is could threaten  the future existence of the Tetrahymena
Stock Center.

 Here’s a summary of what is being proposed

 http://feedback.nih.gov/index.php/category/ncats/

 and here are recent updates

http://feedback.nih.gov/index.php/category/ncats/ncats-updates/

During this time of shifting organizational priorities, we urgently need your help to show
widespread support for the role of the Tetrahymena Stock Center in supporting your research and
the overall use of Tetrahymena as a model organism.

Please contact NIH at the comment site below, and tell them who you are and why you want the
integrity and funding for the Tetrahymena Stock Center maintained. Get your colleagues, post-
docs and grad students to comment as well. The more people who do this, the better.

Enter your message here:

http://feedback.nih.gov/index.php/ncats/ncats-comments/#commentform

THIS MUST BE DONE BY MONDAY DEC. 20!!

We apologize for the short notice. It is unbelievable how short this comment window is -  a
reflection of how quickly NIH is moving with this restructuring.

Make sure funding for the Tetrahymena Stock Center does not get lost in the shuffle.
This is a chance for your action to potentially make a huge difference to the future of Tetrahymena
research.

Please help!

Ted Clark
Director, Tetrahymena Stock Center