SHOREBIRDS Archives

Shorebird Discussion Group

SHOREBIRDS@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Doug Newman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Doug Newman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jan 2006 21:47:52 +0200
Hi All.

I am recently new to this forum and was wondering if any experts on waders
could assist. I took these pics (yes they are not that great) of a wader
seen at Barberspan in South Africa (200 km west of Johannesburg). The bird
itself was about 200m from the water and very at hove in short grass with
very dry sandy soil. Every one I have spoken to so far has said that the
pics are not that great and probably will not result in a positive ID.
Any ideas?
http://sahotspots.myfreeforum.org/sutra548.php#548

Regards.
Doug Newman