Sender:
"Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2011 08:00:49 -0600
7bit
From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Turkish Prime minister holding a map
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 13:19:21 +0200
From: Ekrem ALIMLI <[log in to unmask]>
To: 'Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship'

Hi list,

I Want to share a news from Turkey.

At the beginning of his speech, Turkish Prime minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan
is holding a map of Turkey and tells that he visited all around Turkey along
the year 2010. Under the map, there is a legend showing the meaning of the
colored lines.

http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/gundem/16678083.asp?gid=373

Leaders rarely uses maps as a communication tool in Turkey. For me, any
image of map use, any map on the wall, any map on the media has a role to
the map awareness of the people. Some may have less and some may have more.

After I saw that news, I said, "this is a case, and very important for map
awareness in Turkey". One of my map makers said "what else then? Will the
map selling explode in Turkey today?"

Best regards,

Ekrem ALIMLI
www.mapist.com.tr
Istanbul / TURKEY

__________ ESET NOD32 Antivirus Akylly Guvenlik tarafyndan sa?lanan
bilgiler, virus imza veritabany surumu: 5756 (20110103) __________

Yleti ESET NOD32 Antivirus Akylly Guvenlik tarafyndan denetlendi.

http://www.nod32.com.tr