Sender:
"Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jan 2012 08:19:25 -0600
7bit
From:
Subject:        Re: If there was a god(dess) of mapping...
Date:   Tue, 17 Jan 2012 13:01:16 -0800
From:   wheate <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship

I think the group is missing 50% of the possibilities - gender-wise that is.
We named our GIS server Ninkasi after the _Goddess_ of Beer. But if you
look at her picture:
http://www.goddessaday/mesopotamian/ninkasi
you will see she is carrying a clay tablet ... just like the earliest
world maps, and indeed the hymn it contains effectively describes the
early map of the Tigris-Euphrates confluence.
http://www.piney.com/BabNinkasi.html

Roger Wheate, UNBC