From:
Date:
Tue, 24 Jan 2012 08:49:35 -0600
Subject:        REMINDER: ANZMapS Conference and AGM, July 2012
Date:   Tue, 24 Jan 2012 01:04:56 +0000
From:   Brendan Whyte <[log in to unmask]>
To:     mapsL <[log in to unmask]>, Carto-soc <[log in to unmask]>

*Dear ANZMapS Members and friends,*

As Registration for this year’s conference at the State Library of
Queensland has now opened, I thought it timely to remind you of the
date, July 8-10, and suggest get in early and book accommodation in
Brisbane. Due to the conference being jointly held with MSIA and IMTA,
the July timing is much later than our usual early-year conference. Even
so, places will become scarce as southerners look to this time for a
northern ‘retreat’, so please do consider your travel options sooner
than later.

Registration for /"Global Connections through Mapping" /is centrally
coordinated by our IMTA partners in Brisbane, via their website (there
is also a link from the ANZMapS website):

http://www.imtamaps.org/events/displayevent.php?id=130

Accommodation options have been added to the website, and you will need
to choose and book your own accommodation this year. There are several
hotels within a short walk of the SLQ at South Bank along with an
excellent range of accommodation in the Brisbane CBD and within a
kilometre of the conference facility. Websites such as www.whereis.com
<http://www.whereis.com/> , www.wotif.com <http://www.wotif.com/> and
www.needitnow.com <http://www.needitnow.com/>

all show different styles of accommodation available in Brisbane with
varying price ranges.

_As the draft program indicates, our ANZMapS AGM be held during the
conference as usual, the timing being Sunday July 8, 3pm. _

I hope you’re able to make it this year, as the opportunities for
connecting with a wide variety of mapping enthusiasts, collectors,
curators etc will be greater than in past conferences. I’m on the
organizing committee with our MSIA and IMTA friends, so please don’t
hesitate to drop me a line if you have a question, or refer to the
conference website for further information.

****Please note bookings made after 30th April are more expensive****

Dr Martin Woods / President

Australian & New Zealand Map Society

NATIONAL LIBRARY OF AUSTRALIA

T +61 2 6262 1280 Mob: 0404193366

E [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>