Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 2017 14:43:58 -0700
Thank you for bringing the case of Conus regius envenomation to the attention of CONCH-L. I believe that case occurred in 2007, but I'm not sure; I think the account was somewhat ambiguous. We now know of 139 cases of human envenomation by Conus, the most recent from S. spurius at Sanibel Is., Florida in 2015. It was less serious than the one from C. regius. I recently summarized all the known cases in the electronic supplementary material to a paper in the International Journal of Pharmacology and Therapeutics vol. 54, pp. 524-538, 2016. I can send you a pdf if you would like; it has a link to the summary of all known cases.

Alan