From:
"Harry G. Lee, MD" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Oct 1998 06:20:49 -0400
Dear All,

Not simply to rescue the following (quite informative) inquiry/response from
the off-topic file, let me ask if anyone can cite molluscan taxa which
derive from each of the five celestial objects cited below (hint; you'll
need to seek out a classical synonym for a planet and a moon plus change a
termination here and there)?

Paul, Gary, et al.?

Harry

At 07:05 PM 10/12/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Art,
>That "star" is Jupiter. Right now we are just past opposition which is
>the closest we get in the two orbits, Jupiter's and ours. Makes a pretty
>sight, with a pair of binoculars you should be able to see the four
>brightest moons of Jupiter. Io, Europa, Ganymede, and Callisto.
>Keith
>
>MR ART WEIL wrote:
>
>> This is a "what's it?"
>>       It's been up there for quite some time now. It is very bright
>> and it doesn't twinkle. It is as bright as or brighter than Venus at
>> its brightest. From Southwest Ohio, it is at about 45 degrees in the
>> South-east or SSE at nine PM.
>>      Yeah, I know this is a shell list: and we look down rather than
>> up. But this thing in the sky has me interested. I hope one of you
>> has Astronomy as a minor.
>>             Art

Harry G. Lee
mailto:[log in to unmask]
Suite 500, 1801 Barrs Street
Jacksonville, FL  32204
U. S. A.    904-384-6419
Visit the Jacksonville Shell Club Home Page at:
http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/wfrank/jacksonv.htm