From:
steve rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jun 2022 20:25:29 -0400
Here is what Rachel Collin had to say- she attached one of her papers
from the Caribbean Journal of Science which described a similar new
species from Panama, and talked about other similar species like C.
navicula from Venezuela (which I so happened to have unearthed two
shells I collected in Venezuela in 2005 and forgot about which appear
to be that species)....I labelled my shell from Eleuthera as "Species,
cf ustulatulina" though I bet it would prove to be different if DNA
testing was done.

> Hi Steve,
>  I've attached a bit of a review of similar species from the southern
> Caribbean and what is know about the types etc.  I would not be surprised if
> it was C. ustulatulina, I think there is quite a bit of variation in color.
> I would also not be surprised if it was an undescribed species (as I guess
> Colin suggested).  I would be surprised if C. convexa which is pretty
> cold-temperate was all the way down in the Bahamas.
>
> Rachel

I will send you the paper under separate cover offline.

Steve