STUDYAWAYNEWS Archives

Students & Study Abroad

STUDYAWAYNEWS@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Lindsey Parsons <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Students & Study Abroad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 11:13:44 -0500
Weekly Announcements from the Office of International Education

Scholarships

1. We now have applications for the IIE scholarships. There are 10
unrestricted grants of $500 and 9 Houston Junior Chamber of Commerce
Foundation (Jaycee) grants of $500 for study or internships in
business-related fields. These scholarships are given out to IIE member
schools in the South and you must be in good academic standing to apply.
These can be used on any study abroad program this summer or on programs
during academic year 1999-2000. The deadline for receipt of applications
is March 16, 1999. For more information or an application, please make
an appointment with Rebecca Cheney by calling 542-7903.

1. Applications for the UNO Innsbruck summer program scholarship are now
available. We will be giving out a total of $6,000 in scholarships
(individual amounts have not yet been determined). To get an
application, please call our office (542-7903) and make an appointment
with Rebecca Cheney. To qualify, you must have a
minimum GPA of 3.0, have been enrolled one year at UGA, and demonstrate
financial need. There is an obligation with this scholarship to do
office work for the UNO program office while in Austria. Applications
will be due in our office with all attachments on March 15 at 5:00 p.m.
Recipients will be notified soon after.

Internships

Two internship opportunities are available in the office of the
Institute of International Education in Houston. These internships would
be of interest to students planning international careers. The intern's
primary responsibility will be assisting with IIE's International
Visitor Program.  The positions are full-time and also involve attending
and assisting with occasional evening and weekend functions. The Alice
R. Pratt Internship has a stipend of $1,000/month and runs from
Jan.-May, 2000 and the application deadline is Sep. 25, 1999. The Junior
Chamber of Commerce Internship in International Affairs runs from
June-Nov. 1999, with an application deadline of March 15, 1999, and has
a stipend of $1,250/month. Students must have completed their Junior
year by the time they begin the internship. The complete job description
can be found in the internship bin in the Study Abroad Library in 209
Barrow Hall.

Office of International Education
University of Georgia
201 Barrow Hall