From:
Peter Egerton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 18:50:19 -0800
How can they give the "Athlete of the Century" title to someone
who has merely made a career out of beating the crap out of other
people. I'll never think of that as a sport...it's just fighting.
That's my opinion.
Peter

>Dear people;-
>        Sorry. NOT shell related. I'm pissed! They have decided that "Muhammed
>Ali" is the "Athelete of the Century". If they wanted a boxer, they
>would have had to chose Barney Ross, Willie Pep, or Sugar Ray Robinson.
>Cassius Clay is rediculous.
>        There is only ONE standout athelete of the century. His name is JIM
>THORP. He played football for the Carlyle Indian School and was the best
>player there was. He played both Offence and defence. He won gold medals
>in track and field in the 1912 Olympics. He played baseball in the
>National League. There is no-one even in second place to Jim Thorp.
>        You people are my friends. We do shells together. But I've also spent a
>life in sports. I just wanted to give a literate scream!
>        Q-Man

Peter Egerton, Vancouver, Canada
Collector of worldwide Mollusca
http://www.intergate.bc.ca/personal/seashell/index.html