From:
Peter Froehlich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 10:11:04 -0500
I have an arc shell in my collection labeled Anadara(Scapharca)
inequivalvis.  The label that came with it indicates that it was collected
in mud, on low tide in Darwin, Austrailia.

I thought that A. inequivalvis was a european species.  Can any one suggest
what species this may be?  It is approx 49mm wide by 42mm long with a dark
orange stain at the beak on both sides (from iron in the mud?) and has been
cleaned so I can't tell you any thing about the peri.  It has about 38-39
ribs and the valves are inequal as the name suggests.  Any suggestions?

Also if anyone would like to trade Arcidae or Cardiidae let me know at the
email address below.

Beth DeHaas
Whitefield, ME