From:
Carol B Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 21:47:16 EST
I tried to find out the significance of eating what we call "Hoppin' John"
here in South Carolina, USA.  Hoppin' John is a combination of rice, pork and
black eyed peas--all thrown together.  Found out it symbolizes good luck.
And you add the collard greens on the side  to it, that's green for money.

Happy, happy to all in this big wide world.

Carol in South Carolina (ready to eat "Hoppin' John " tomorrow!)