From:
Art Weil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2000 10:05:25 -0500
Dear Kurt;-
    I would agree that mollusks are probably just "worms with shells".
Cincinnati rocks go back to the Ordivician and have many casts of
mollusks---although Brachiopods are much more common. I understand that they are
found back to the Cambrian as well. I wonder if they had developed colorful
shells back then.
    Art