From:
David Kirsh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 20:00:51 -0500
I went to Grand Cayman in 1970 when I was a teenager. I have no idea what
things are like now. I was very pleased with beach collecting then. I spent
hours sorting through all the micro shells tossed up on the "iron shore,"
which is sharp, eroded limestone as far as I know.

One thing about the Caymans is that you are liable to find some shells that
are variations not found in many other places in the Caribbean.

I snorkeled right in front of our hotel and I remember that the visibility
was some of the best I'd ever seen. There was also a relatively rapid
drop-off into the deep.

HAVE FUN!

David Kirsh
Durham, NC