From:
Lynn Scheu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 10:14:20 -0500
John Wolff wrote:

> >Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 21:50:46 -0500
> >From: Lynn Scheu <[log in to unmask]>
> >To: [log in to unmask]
> >Subject: Don's Mitrid
> >
> >Hi John,
> >
> >Are you sure that is what the mitrid is?  I don't have specimens to make
> >me doubt it but I have the two larger photos Don sent and they look so
> >different from the photos in HSN 1/85 p. 5 and 9/78 supplement XI. And
> >those two look so different from each other. One of the two photos
> >(1/85) has a lot more axial ribs than the other (9/78) neither seems to
> >have the profile of the shell Don shows, and furthermore, the pic Ross
> >put up seems to have different proportions than the large scans Don
> >sent. Ross's versions seem shorter and wider. I took Don's two andput
> >them togther vertically and  Do you have these HSN pictures before you?
> >I can scan them for you if you don't. I am really puzzled.
> >
> >Lynn
> >
> I screwed up, took the HSN dates out of my database (which contains lots of
> my typing errors) 1/85 does not even have an article by Richard Salisbury
> on mitrids. It should have been 7/85.
> That issue shows three tiny Vexillums in color that superficially look very
> close to each other.
> The 9/78 article concerns roseotinctum, but I have only a photocopy, which
> is useless for the pictures.
>
> Thanks Lynn, for checking up on me!
>
> John Wolff
> 2640 Breezewood Dr.

Ohhhh, John,

These look more like it.  And, John,  look again at Don's images. I
think it looks a lot more like Costellaria purpuratum (Reeve, 1845), 8
mm in size (Don's was 10mm)and from Fiji.  Have a look and see what you
think?  I have the original and have scanned both roseotinctum and
purpuratum. (If they don't come out on your end, let me know. DO you
need to see suavis too?)

Lynn