From:
John Wolff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 13:07:51 -0500
OK Linda; I should probably keep quiet because my ID of Don Barclay's
Vexillum is rapidly being proven wrong by Lynn Scheu.

>At 10:56 AM 1/18/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>Now before someone tells me to buy Rombout's book (which I am), let me ask
>another scalloip question. ` "Pecten"  asperulata is driving me right
round the >bend!
According to my info, asperulata is valid and illustrated properly in Kira,
1962 and in Rombouts.
However, "asperulatus" in the Compendium is cloacata, as is "asperulatus
pelseneeri" in Kira.
There is controversy whether pelseneeri (new name for rugosus, Sowerby) is
valid or not.

>P.S. (NSR)  Is anyone out there a chipmunk fan;  I have been feeding the
ones that >come into my yard  in the warmer weather for three years.  I am
particularly >looking for information that they are not "terribly
destructive" so my neighbor on >one side will not poison or ttrap them.
Cheers, nature-loving Linda

I have chipmunks in the backyard. They are terminally cute--probably
because they are so anthropomorphic--and I have been feeding them for 20
years. They undermine my brick patio with their tunnels, but I live with it.

John Wolff
2640 Breezewood Dr.
Lancaster, PA 17601, U.S.A.