Date:
Sun, 30 Jan 2000 11:09:00 EST
In a message dated 01/29/2000 7:13:21 PM EST, [log in to unmask] writes:

<<
 We should really examine the text of the description (now that we're
 up-to-pace with the Code) before we can pass judgement on the
 "justification" for the Oliva edwardsi [sic] emendation.  Olsson was
 anything but a "shocking" latinist, but he might have never met Corinne and
 thought colonels didn't occur in the female form.  Anybody got the original
 description? >>

Olsson worked for many years out of the U. of Miami and knew many of the
people personally that he named the shells for. I am very sure that he knew
Corinne personally and can't think why he misspelled the ending. Somewhere in
my labrynth of papers I do have the original description and if I find it
will re-post to the list.
           Carole