From:
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 13:28:19 -0700
>     I got a question. How come most postings fit real nice in the frame
> of yer monitor. But a few others start a sentence and the thing wraps
> laterally twice around the room? All on the same line.

Your browser automatically sets the line length of messages using plain text
format at 76 characters per line (or something similar). This accommodates
news servers that do not display more than 80 characters per line. When
messages are quoted in a reply, the original text is usually marked and
indented with an additional character. If your message is likely to be
quoted after posting, set your text to wrap at 70 or 72 characters per line
to prevent text from running beyond the edge of the window.  I use Outlook
Express  and this is how to set this feature.  Netscape is similar.

On the Tools menu, click Options.

On the Send tab, in the News Sending Format section, select Plain Text, and
then click the Plain Text Settings button.

In the text box for Automatically wrap text at x characters when sending,
type the number of characters you want displayed per line.

Thomas Eichhorst
4528 Quartz Dr. N.E.
Rio Rancho, NM 87124-4908
USA