From:
Jordan Star <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 11:53:56 EST
To all,
To make my computer accessible to me, I changed colors and text size.  Most
messages come through fine but a few are VERY hard to read.  I guess some
email programs have different colors that my program/email configuration
doesn't like, no matter.
 Here on Long Island, if I take pictures, I can have a photo CD as well as
prints or slides. The photo finisher I use can do both.  Someone on Conch-L
asked about sending photos to a web site or to family.  He has a Mac machine
but a CD is a CD.  You might want to send the film to www.kodak.com (George
Eastman wanted a memorable name, the name might have something to do with the
Kodiak Bear of Alaska, but I'm not sure) or I can reread my article from Pop
Photo and find more sites that make photo CD's, there are some overseas
sites.
     Before anyone buys a digital camera, check into it.  I found hidden
costs.  Batteries, digital camers use them up VERY quickly.  A battery
charger is sometimes needed.  A piece of hardware has to be bought to read
the cameras memory storage device and then sent it to the computer.  There
are more costs but this letter would be too long.  I will not buy one now.
Jordan *
P.S.  Computer monitors cannot reproduce a digital picture too well, it has
to do with pixels and resolution quality.  An expensive digital camera with
excellent resolution power would be a waste of money.