Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 18:48:37 EST
Hi Marsha,
Welcome to Conch-L, the best place in the universe to share about and learn
about shells and shelling.  I've been a subscriber for almost three years.
We have a great group of people here, including new and experienced
collectors, dealers, and professionals, including curators at some of the
largest museums.  The topics range from the highly technical (speciation by
DNA anyalysis) to the practical (methods of cleaning shells) to the frivolous
(dreams we have had that included shells).  I hope you enjoy the list as much
as I have.  Do feel free to post any questions (or answers) you have.  That's
what keeps Conch-L rolling along.  I am one of several specimen shell dealers
on Conch-L.  I'm located in Rhode Island.  If you would care for a copy of my
listings, I'll be glad to send you one.  It's rather lengthy for e-mail
(about 40 pages, almost 4,000 species), so I would need a snail mail address,
and will send it off by first class mail.  Unlike many dealers, I offer all
families of shells, not just the most popular ones.  And, I list the
commonest species as well as the more uncommon ones.
Regards,
Paul Monfils