From:
Scott Schubbe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 18:21:21 EST
Hello to all in Conch-L land,

Was just curious to know if anyone had bought the new microscope by Intel and
Mattell, called the QX3. It costs about $100.00, and hooks up to your
computer (via USB port), and lets you see the images on your monitor.

The magnifications are 10X, 60X, and 200X, and although not crystal clear, it
is still fun. A Caecum pulchellum can take up your whole screen.

If anyone wants to see some shells from mine, let me know, and I'll send some
JPG images to you. Note that some can't view them. Depends on your computer.

Scott
Florida