Date:
Mon, 15 May 2000 14:01:48 EDT
Martha,

Welcome to the wonderful world of shell collecting. I don't know how far you
are from Boston, but the Boston Mal Club meets the first Tuesday of every
month from October through May at the Museum of Comparative Zoology at
Harvard University. Sounds impressive, but for the most part we are a group
of beginners and a few advanced collectors who are learning and enjoying this
wonderful hobby. We just happen to have a club with an impressive lineage,
but many of our members are still learning the Latin names for many shells
(aren't we all).

I know the club president and several other's on the board are members of
CONCH-L, so I would hope that one or more of them would contact you about
membership. If not, let me know and I will get the information to you. This
goes for any of you lurkers out there who are on the fence. Get involved,
you'll be glad you did and the dues are really inexpensive. Hope to see you
at one of the meetings someday. You can always drop by and talk shop if you
are in the Marlborough area.

Best wishes,

Frank Walker

Gems From The Sea
72 Peltier Street, Marlborough, MA 01752 USA
    BUY - SELL - TRADE - CONSIGNMENT
"Quality Specimen Shells For Every Collector"
Exotic Shell Trips to Palawan, The Last Frontier.
(508) 481-7491; Fax: (508) 624-9778; out-of- state 1-800-497-3601
E-mail: [log in to unmask] - Web Site: www.shellgems.com
Send for FREE list - ($1 overseas, credited on 1st order)
We accept ALL major credit cards
New Shells Arrive Every Week!
<A HREF="http://www.shellgems.com/"> Welcome to Shell Gems: buy and sell sea
shells from around the world</A>