From:
Emilio Jorge Power <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 May 2000 19:35:00 -0400
Marlo Krisberg wrote:

> If you check three correct answer you are an advanced collector.  (Correct answers at bottom.)
>
> Shells are made by animals?  [  ]  Yes    [ X  ]  No.
>
> Not always. On many occasions they are made by shell dealers on
> Sanibel Island; Larry Strange, Bev & Al Deynzer, etc
>
> Someone paints the colors on cones?   [ X ]  Yes    [   ]  No

The colors are painted on by the Shell Doctor in the Philippines,
and occasionally by Richard Goldberg and Bob Lipe, although
they, Rich and Bob, are used mostly in a consulting capacity.
There are some neat vicweii out and about!!!

> Shells are only found in the ocean?   [  ]  Yes    [  X ]  No
>
> They are also found, in great quantities, in Doris's house, together
> with lighthouses and Japanese stuff (collectibles, tons of the stuff).

> Hermit crabs make their shells larger as they grow?   [ X ]  Yes    [   ]  No

Yes! According to studies, made by leading malacologists, the Hermit Crabs
of the genus Hornii, secrete calcite deposits to enlarge the pirated shell in
proportion to their abdominal volume.

Hello!

I have answered the quiz/test to the best of my knowledge.
Please let me know how I fared.

Later,

Emilio Jorge Power

Please visit;