Date:
Tue, 16 May 2000 10:19:21 -0400
>         A propos of something else, the Bible indicates that there will be no ocean when the new
> earth comes about.  I guess that will relegate all of us to land and fresh water collecting (if
> you accept the book of Revelations, that is).
> Hm-m-m. . .     That would be the end of the marine vs. the non-marine collecting.

However, they must have some enormous unionoids (or possibly one of the Amazonian freshwater
lyonsiids) for each gate to be a single pearl.  No sea could make a lot more areas available for
easy paleontological collecting, but I would not put much confidence in any interpretation of
Revelation more specific than "God wins".

Dr. David Campbell
signature file on currently crashed computer
"It is Uncle Joe in the regalia of a Grand Exalted Periwinkle of the Mystic Order of Whelks"-P.G.
Wodehouse