From:
Helmut Nisters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 May 2000 12:04:01 -0400
Helmut "Helix" Nisters
Franz-Fischer-Str. 46
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Innsbruck
phone and fax: 0043 / 512 / 57 32 14
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
web:    www.netwing.at/nisters/
           (please visit it and sign guestbook)

office:
Natural History Department of the
Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum Innsbruck
Feldstrasse 11 a
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
phone: 0043 / 512 / 58 72 86 - 37

----------
Just out of curiosity I would like to know what shells are the favorites of

the collectors on this list.  If you could only have 10 shells in your
collection what would they be?  Don't think about the monetary value of the
shell just think in terms of the beauty of the shell.  The following is my
list of all time favorites that I would choose for my 10 shell collection.

(Needless to say they would all be huge and gem quality)

1. Tridacna squamosa / perfectly fluted, with shades of yellow and peach.

2.  Siratus alabaster

3.A set of 7-8 chlamys senatoria representing the various color forms.

4.  A bright orange Lyropecten nodosus

5.  A huge lavender spondylus Americanus

6.  A thatcheria mirabilis

7.  P. adansonianus

8.  A large volutoconus bednalli

9.  conus miledwardsi

10. A huge, beautiful Strombus gigas

I'm curious to see what everyone will list.  Have fun!
Holly Sadowski