Date:
Thu, 8 Jan 1998 13:14:50 -0500
Gary Rosenberg wrote:

> David Reid's book is excellent, but it won't answer the question about the
> Caribbean littorinids. Reid treats only Littorina in the strict sense,
> whereas the species that Phil Poland inquired about are now in the genus
> Nodilittorina.
>
> >If one is interested in the Littorina I would recommend getting a copy of
> >Systematics and Evolution of Littorina by David G. Reid published in 1996.
> Gary Rosenberg, Ph.D.                     [log in to unmask]
> Malacology & Invertebrate Paleontology    gopher://erato.acnatsci.org
> Academy of Natural Sciences               http://www.acnatsci.org
> 1900 Benjamin Franklin Parkway            Phone 215-299-1033
> Philadelphia, PA 19103-1195 USA           Fax   215-299-1170

Just a note:  It would be nice if the considerate, informed members of
conch-l could just put the common names of the species they are
referring to in parenthesis next to the latin reference for those less
informed or those unable to look up every reference.  What a great
learning tool it might be for amatures.  I'm excited just thinking about
it!  Michael, "The Other Summer Snailer" of Michael and Marcie Huggins,
South Florida.