From:
Scott Schubbe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jun 2000 17:52:49 EDT
There may be some of you out there who have never used a water pik for
cleaning shells (or cleaning teeth, either). If you have not, and may be
considering it, let me tell you, this is one powerful little shell cleaner.
This little tool creates great pressure in little bursts, and is very
effective in cleaning shells. I clean my shells with it in a 2 1/2 gallon
white bucket filled with water. Use it under the water, for two reasons: You
don't blast the shell to who-knows-where, and you don't get soaked from the
spray either. The white bucket is used so I can easily see when the animal
gets flushed out. I've used it on larger shells on occasion, when I've put it
deep inside the aperature and blasted away on a stubborn liver. I think the
last one I bought cost about 30 bucks, and well worth it.

Scott
Florida