From:
"Maurizio A. PERINI" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 19:30:06 +0200
Monday   June 5, 2000   07:16 PM

Your idea is that the juvenile specimens will
ensure the future of their species. This is
certainly correct but we must make another
consideration : what is the death-rate in the
juvenile mollusks ?
How many among them will die for each adult?

If we collect an adult we surely kill a specimen
which is able to reproduce but if we kill a juvenile
specimen we only kill a probable adult.

Sicerely I don't know what is the worse !

Maurizio
from Italy.