From:
Cecil Bankston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Jun 2000 16:54:12 -0500
I recently put some Turbo castanea in my aquarium.  I noticed as they
grazed across the front glass that they have a foot that is divided down
the middle into 2 lobes by a furrow.  The lobes move alternately like
shuffling feet.  I have not noted this structure in any other gastropods
I have had in the aquaria, including some other Turbo species.  Has
anyone seen any other gastropods with a similarly divided foot?

On a different subject, I will again mention my pet peeve with the List:
the use of excessive quotation in replies, i.e., a 2 line reply followed
by 30 lines of unedited quotation from 1 or 2 previous messages.  When
you click that Reply button, it is really easy to delete portions of the
quoted text that are not necessary for your reply to make sense, i.e.,
long signature lines.  Frequently, the subject and 1 or 2 pertinent
lines from the previous message are sufficient to identify it.  Before
you click that Send button, just remember how many people will receive
your message and consider that most will already have read the quoted
portion at least once and often several times.  Also if the message is
directed to only one person and is not of general interest to other list
members, you should use the intended recipient's E-mail address rather
than the Conch-L address to send it.
--
Cecil N. Bankston
Baton Rouge, LA USA