From:
peta bethke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 18:45:19 -0300
Hello!!!

Well , A thread with merit, On our last 2 international outings we found that placing the shells in a separate bag made it
easier on the customs people.... They only peeked in and then let us through.... i found that by carrying on the bag with the
shells helps to keep them from being bashed about by the gorilla baggage handlers ....
I also read about two months back that if you go to the Philippines you had better have a loose $20 to slid towards their
customs person...of course this is not a standard practice but the author of the message said there was a small pile of
confiscated shells next to the customs person and the "'cultural donation" seemed to convince them of your good intentions.
Think of it as a departure fee...
Tangle nets can be purchased in the Philippines and you could also get excellent advise on there use there too .... some
states forbid the use of these nets but if your overseas then i wouldn't see a problem...Hope some of this helps ...Mark &
Peta Bethke