From:
Hamiltonmh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Apr 1998 15:02:23 EDT
Hello.

I too am a new member and wonder if you have any advice as to good
introductory shell books.  I've collected for years but have always been happy
to occasionally identify the shells with picture books.  I think I'd benefit
much more from this group, however, if I knew a bit more, but several of the
books I've looked through have been - not particularly suitable for beginners.
I'll probably post a similar question to the group, but I thought since it
sounds like you've begun studying in earnest fairly recently, you might have a
recommendation.

In any case, if you plan any trips to or near South Carolina,  I have some
very good tips for you - the shelling there is marvelous.  (I also found some
very nice shells when I lived in Southport - quite a surprise!)

Melissa Hamilton