From:
Leslie Allen Crnkovic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 21:29:14 -0500
What I use for a Hand Dredge is a pool net (swimming pool cleaning net).  I
use the flat oval one that has an opening about 8-10" tall and about 20"
wide. They are sturdy and in-expensive.  I have carried it on many trip
where I will stick it in my BCD and swim to shallower water (grasses) and
swim around dragging it through he grasses as I am off gassing.   I would
also take it to a silt bottom and drag it on the bottom for the last 5
minutes or so of the dive.  This has produced a fantastic amount of smaller
shells from Marginellas, Cones, Terebras, Turrids, Calliostoma, and on and
on.

Leslie Allen Crnkovic
ICMS / HARF