From:
Patty Jansen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Aug 2000 16:34:32 +1000
Dear Russ (and others),

I too, am more interested in animals and behaviour than dollar values of
shells. There have been some great things said about animals. Russ, go to
the archives and type 'Cone Wars', and there have been others which don't
spring to mind right now.

There are other lists, but I doubt any offer a more lively and varied
traffic than this one. Mollusca has gone almost dead, and there is very
little discussion on this list. Various people maintain different lists.
From what I have seen, they seem to contain less discussion of a
questioning kind (such as your message), but maybe others can contribute in
this respect.

In the end, if you want discussion about a particular subject, you should
start writing messages about it, not lurk.

In this light I have a few questions about Guido's request, which i will
write in another message (so as not to stuff the subjects up)

Patty

Bookshop: http://www.booksofnature.com

Publishing and info site: http://www.capricornica.com

Capricornica Publications/Books of Nature
P.O. Box 345
Lindfield NSW 2070
Australia

ABN 39 003 916 210

phone/fax: 02 9415 8098 international: +61 2 9415 8098
mobile 0412 865030

E-mail: [log in to unmask]