From:
Andrew Sharpe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Aug 2000 13:11:56 -0700
   I too have a story of moving a tridanca gigas half which was 42 inches
across. Attempting to lift it off a loading dock, my friend decided it was
too heavy for just two of us to move and decided to put it down with no
warning.  With my hand underneath the sheer weight crushed my gold ring on
middle finger into my finger and 7 stitches later my finger works just fine.
I have 3 pairs left in my warehouse from the late 70's , I will get my
warehouse guys to weigh one just out of curiousity
Andrew
Vancouver B.C.
.