From:
Art Weil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 21:16:13 -0400
    According to my calculations, we lost one member and welcomed
another today. Nice balance! But what I'd like to know is why people
un-subscribe. It might help us do a better job. Sometimes there is
nothing serious going on, no new shell news, no controversy, no new
opinions, and (worst of all) no shell-related questions.
    It can't be that people are shocked by Tom or Ross's weather
reports, my adventures in the skies over Cincinnati, or the intimate
doings of Austrian land snails.
    If you are still sneaking a peak once in a while tell us: Did they
reposess your computer? Did you change to stamp collecting? Did you see
some hitherto unsuspected error in your ways?
    Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, How'd you like the show?
        Q-Man