From:
STANLEY FRANCIS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Apr 1998 06:31:57 -0400
Dear Mel,   I really appreciate your kind offer, apparently my original
E-mail was not printed in its entirety, the genus and subgenus that I do
not have an example of, are as follows:-
Naquetia (~ 6 varieties in this group) - so far I have been offered a
beached specimen from Samoa, Attiliosa (10 varieties to choose from
including:- caledonica nodulosa, orri, nodulifera,)  Aspella (again many
varieties 17 in total including anceps, producta, pyramidalis ) Pterynotus
(Ponderia)  (6 varieties  including calendonicus canaliferus  and magnus)
Poirieri ( Pazinotus) - (11 varieties all rare and very expensive) Poiriera
(Panamurex) (4 varieties are listed - carnicolor (Clench & Farfante)
eugeniae (Vokes) velero (Vokes) and hemmenrum (Houart) )  Dermomurex
(Takia) -  ( inermis (Sowerby) probably the best example)  Dermomurex
(Trialatella )  (8 varieties including neglecta, (Habe & Kosuge) oxum
Petuch and cunninghamae
(Berry,1964)  ) Dermomurex (Viator) (3 varieties antonius, howletti, and
pasi all named by Vokes).
If I get the referance collection 'almost complete'  I shall exhibit it ,
but my main objective is to produce an exhibit that would be of some value
to a teaching establishment, after I have had my fun out of it.  Any help
that you can give me would be greatly appreciated, provided of course, that
I can repay you in some way.  Please give my regards to Sylvia,  I have an
ambition to let my wife see New York, and to meet you both.  We will be in
Canada,for three weeks in September, during which time, we have arranged a
coach tour for 10days to New England.  So I am warning you we are getting
closer, one of these days God willing we will make it, provided you promise
to come and see us in Ireland.   Yours sincerely Stanley Francis.