From:
NORA BRYAN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 13:21:41 -0600
A few years ago when I was scuba diving in both Malaysia and Thailand, we
were told that bombing of reefs was against the law, yet on some days we
heard underwater explosions every couple of minutes throughout the day.  I
have no way of knowing who was doing it but I suspect that people are making
their living fishing this way, and it is not tourists.